The Quebec project is comprised of 2 joint ventures. Metalex has a 75% contributing interest in various claims for the exploration of diamonds and a 79% contributing interest in various claims for the exploration of gold and base metals.
- One of the deepest parts of the lithosphere
- Diamond fertile Superior Archaean Craton approximately midway between 2 commercial grade deposits (Victor and Renard)
- Kimberlite discovered at Wemindji
- Government aeromagnetics available
- Quebec is ranked the 6th in the world for mining investment (Fraser Institute 2020)
- Over 8,000 heavy mineral samples collected to assess over 250,000 km2
- Samples analyzed for diamond indicator minerals as well as base and precious metals
- 2 claim blocks staked for diamonds
- 3 claim blocks staked for gold
- One of these areas also contains highly anomalous scandium
- 46 other anomalous gold areas discovered
- Geophysical and geochemical surveys along with prospecting, geological mapping and rock sampling are planned for the current claim blocks to locate the bedrock mineralization
- Additional geochemical surveys will be undertaken on the additional 46 anomalous gold areas to define the bedrock source areas for staking
- This work is designed to allow drill testing the bedrock sources
Chad Ulansky, P.Geo, President and CEO of the Company is a “Qualified Person” as defined under NI 43-101 has reviewed and approved the technical content of this web page.